If you would like to spend a few days hiking in amazing nature of the Triglav national park then this hike is perfect for you. We have designed this hiking experience that will take you across the Bohinj ridge where you will be able to admire views on Bohinj valley and on the other side all the way to Adriatic sea, fill your lungs with fresh mountain air and first hand experience the mountain life of the locals.
This is you arrival day to Bohinj valley and after checking in into your accommodation you will also have a welcome meeting where you will get all the final information for your trip.
LET’S GO HIGHER
On your first hiking day you will leave the comfort of the valley and enter the magical world of alpine flowers, wild animals and tranquility. Your final stop will be at a mountain hut where you will spend the night.
- distance: 8 km
- vertical meters: 1300 m
- duration: 5-6 hours
THE BEST VIEWS
After a nice mountain hut breakfast you will continue your journey hiking on the ridge of the so called Lower Bohinj mountains. A beautiful trail will lead you across the peaks and saddles where you will have the chance to admire amazing views and fill your lungs with fresh alpine air. You will end the hike at the Vogel ski center where you can take the cable car for your return back to the Bohinj valley.
- distance: 13 km
- vertical meters: 500 m
- duration: 7-8 hours
After breakfast it is time to check out and leave Bohinj valley full of amazing memories.
- welcome meeting
- overnight and breakfast at our carefully selected accommodation
- half board in mountain hut
- map of the area and route instructions
- GPS tracks
- list of equipment needed for the hike
- hiking poles (on your request)
- first aid kit (for the time of the hike)
- 24/7 phone support
Does not include
- travel cost to and from Bohinj valley
- 2x dinner
- cost of drinks and other personal spendings
- health and travel insurance
- local hiking guide (If you would like to hike with a local licensed hiking guide on one or all of your hikes please let us know.)
What to bring
Once you book a self guided hike with us we will provide you with a full equipment list that we suggest to have on your hiking tour.
When to come
The best time to do the hike is from June to the end of September. Please note that the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable, so you can encounter some snow on higher lying areas.
What will you experience?
- Hike&Bike welcome meeting
- sleeping in mountain hut
- crystal clear glacial lake Bohinj
- beautiful peaks of the Julian Alps
- picturesque alpine villages
- amazing alpine meadows
- beautiful scenery and amazing views
- hiking in the Triglav National Park